IBM Announced the CPW and rPerf performance benchmark numbers for their new POWER9 ScaleOut servers on 2/27/2018 as promised the day of the server announcement 2/13/2018. You can see the full 26 page PDF document HERE if you are interested in the details. If you’re like 95% of the folks I get to work with in the IBM i space, all you want to know is what kind of performance gains can you expect with POWER9.
I created the following chart as a quick guide to the server models that most of my IBM i clients fit into.
You can also get some more information on Power9 from the following links.
- My previous blog post “IBM i and POWER9: Extreme Stability with Massive Scalability”
- IBM Power System S914 Data Sheet Feb 2018
- IBM Power System S922 Data Sheet Feb 2018
- IBM United States Hardware Announcement POWER9 S914 (9009-41A) on 2/13/2018
- IBM United States Hardware Announcement POWER9 S922 (9009-22A)
- IBM United States Hardware Announcement POWER9 S924 (9009-42A) on 2/13/2018
- IBM United States Software Announcement IBM i 7.3 TR4 offers support for POWER9, programming enhancements, and more
- IBM United States Software Announcement IBM i 7.2 TR8 offers support for POWER9, programming enhancements, and more
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Arbor Solutions – Info@arbsol.com