As 2022 comes to a close, Arbor Solutions wanted to share with you the highlights of IBM’s recent survey within the IBMi marketplace.
If you are interested in reading the full published survey, you can find it here.
A look at the overall conclusions from this year’s survey:
- Cybersecurity continues to top the charts as the main concern when planning an IT environment
- Outlook for Power10 looks strong
- IBM i remains business-critical for many organizations
- Remote operations become the new normal for most organizations
- Rational Developer (RDi) usage increases as companies continue to prioritize collaboration, productivity, and modernization
- Development on IBM i continues, and RPG usage soars
- Nearly all respondents believe IBM i provides greater ROI than other server options
IBM i IN THE DATA CENTER:
Here are some amazing graphs showing trends on data centers over 2022 and prior years.
Amazing that 73% of IBM i users said they were ready to upgrade to the Power 10! From Arbor’s experience so far in quoting our customers, it has been common that the Power 10 has come in with more affordable total solutions than purchases of year’s past. It’s no wonder that organizations are prioritizing room in their 2023 budget.
Here is a quick look at how businesses are developing on the IBM i:
A reminder for those with upcoming projects this year: Arbor Solutions offers exceptionally strong development services in both the Intel/Microsoft, and IBM Power Systems environments, including RPG, SQL, CLP, Java, PHP, Python, among other programming languages.
And the biggest takeaway that we found when looking over this survey was:
An incredible 94% of polled customers said that they believe their IBM i not only has a high return of investment, but that it has a better ROI than other servers!
If you are not currently an IBM i customer and would like more information as to why their customers as so happy with their servers, please click here to contact us for more information.
Arbor Solutions wishes a safe and happy holiday season to you and yours.